SERVER TFC Refugees climb server

jawn

So I understand that the people or person that runs this server must be busy, but there are a ridiculous amount of maps that DON'T work on this server. In the MOTD it shows that there are at least 5 admin for the server, so why doesn't one of them spend an hour or so testing the maps on the server, deleting the ones that don't work?

I asked mutual friend of djeminem to relay the message that a lot of maps don't work, and I was told to just write down the ones that don't work. This shouldn't be left in hands of the people that play here, that's an admin/owner responsibly

I dont want to tell you how to run your server, but if the server didnt crash every time the map tried to change, i'm guessing more people would play there. I'd like to play the maps consistently without them crashing because I like climb maps/the server, so if someone that runs this place would fix it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jawn.

While I understand your frustration you need to understand that I don't have all the time in the world to test every single map. Maps were added in bulk and relied solely on the people who zipped the maps - included EVERY file. As you can imagine, people don't include all required map files.

If you enjoy playing in the server, do us a favor and write the map name down that crashes and it will be fixed, like I told your friend to do.

I am well aware of the problem in the climb server, but like I said, I barely have time to conc anymore. Testing every single map isn't on my todo list at this time.

PS: djeminem, LOL

Maybe you dont have the time, but maybe one of your admins, or someone you trust does. If you use HLSW, why not give someone the info to login and test the maps? I understand that there are a shit load of maps on there, but that doesnt mean you have to they have to all be deleted at once.

Here are the maps I got today:
kz_man_bhopocean
kz_cfl_aqualand
kz_bye_erarock
kz_wsp_cavity

ps. sorry i got your name wrong, for some reason i thought thats what it was, haha

I checked over the maps, here are the results:

kz_man_bhopocean - Had no issues, reason crashed could be because the server wasn't rebooted in a while. Which causes random crashing.
kz_cfl_aqualand - Fixed
kz_bye_erarock - Fixed
kz_wsp_cavity - Fixed

Back